Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Flashback: Apple II gs

Well, a few months after I bought the Apple IIc, there came the IIgs.  It was more expensive at that time but how I wished I had waited for it.

It had 16 colors out of 4096 (my IIc had only 4 basic colors), a faster CPU, nice keyboard (well, the IIc had and excellent keyboard as well) and synthesizer for sounds (much better compared to my crappy IIc sound which considered of beeps and blops).  It had the visual and audio flair which I wish my IIc had.  But it was too late for upgrades, and too costly.

Can't complain though - my  IIc served me pretty well over a period of 7 years (then I sold it to a friend who used it for 4 or 5 more years).  It got me through assignments, reports and college applications.  Twelve years without a single problem.  Boy then, Apple was like Mercedez Benz...Now, I don't think they have that quality any more...