Tuesday, June 25, 2013

OS X Mavericks 10.9 install ; first impressions



I had to try out OSX Mavericks (Not a big fan of the name though) on my 2009 Unibody Macbook White with 4GB of RAM with normal hard drive.  I think this is the most exciting OS release for me in quite a while.

Previously, I had downgraded back to Snow Leopard after installing Lion and Mountain Lion.  The new features coupled with losses of performance weren't worth it for me.

Well, well, so far so good.  Mavericks runs like a champ.  I've just finished installing and waiting for it to download updates.  Memory usage, system responsiveness seem waaay better than Mountain Lion and almost as smooth as Snow Leopard on this old system...

I'll keep posting again in the coming week and will be looking at Compressed Memory, App Nap, and the gains in battery life....Stay tuned.