Thursday, June 20, 2013

WHAT I LIKE ABOUT iOS 7

O.K. iOS7 has been released in its beta form for the iphone.  Here are some things that I like about the release:



1) It supports all devices dating back to ipad 2 and iphone 4.  Yay, apple!  At least you support your devices for few years.  My last year's xperia got a late update and will probably be stuck at the current version of android os.

2) Multitasking -  looking good!

3) Automatic app updates and preferential fetching of the apps, according to usage.  Brilliant

4) Other changes including control center, weather, maps and various apps

5) I love the changes they have done to the notification center, and the addition of the today screen!  HP Palmtop, anyone?

6) Auto update of apps - FINALLY!!!

My only gripe is that they could have added some real time information in the icons or made cool apple widgets showing information, like the dashboard in OSX (Am I the only one who uses dashboard?  I love it, especially checking the weather and system stats, memory etc..)

People say they are copying from android, windows phone and I agree....Hell, they are copying off ubuntu mobile/jolla/meego as well.  But they refine the ideas, and make them slick and easy to use - the same that they do with hardware.  Speaking of which, once you use an apple multi-touch trackpad, you'll never and I mean NEVER EVER want to use a clumsy windows touchpad...It's that good.  And it's really so good that I don't even feel the need to use a touch screen...But that's a story for another day...

Can't wait for the fall to install it my ipad 2 (which my family and I love, love, love, love and love) and download and try OSX Maveriks on my unibody Macbook white ( as far as I'm concerned, Apple lost it's distinctiveness after it developed the current Macbooks with black keyboard! )